Is your goal to make everyone in your world as happy as possible? To be blunt, this is a pipe dream. No matter how thin you spread your time, your talents and your soul, it is never possible to please everyone. And, truthfully, to take on the responsibility does a disservice not only to you but to them. There is a better way to live your life and impact that of your community. Consider changes which will empower you and others.
Use Sound Judgment
Make the best decisions possible when a choice is up to you. Gather the necessary knowledge through research, make a pro and con list and seek council from experts in the field. Do not "push the easy button" or succumb to the pressures of others to make the decision in their favor. There are those who will want your "ear" for selfish reasons Do not give in to their whispers.
Stop Enabling Bad Behavior
You are tired and emotionally spent. It is simple to give money, say "yes" or ignore someone else's bad behavior. Agreeing, even silently, is the wrong thing to do. When you enable a person to act in detrimental ways, you fail both him and yourself. So, have the hard conversation, stick to promised consequences and serve the person and yourself by insisting on what you know is right. Be aware, your friend or family member might try to make you feel guilty. Do not succumb.
Speak Your Mind
Educate those around you rather than placating them. There are things the people in your circle need to hear but will not enjoy. You need to tell them the truth. Do so in a loving, gentle manner but be direct. While this does not make them happy in the moment, it gives them the insight to improve their lives for the future. What does speaking your mind do for you? It makes you stronger, more confident and gives you freedom. You no longer need to walk on eggshells.
While well-intentioned, focusing too much on making other's happy can get in the way of your own personal aspirations. When you focus on what is ethical, beneficial and progressive, everyone benefits.
- Self-Improvement for the Brain - Accentuate the Positive!
- Scheduling Self-Improvement Time Can Change Your Life
- Stop Saying "Too Busy" Before it Derails Your Career
- Helping Those on the Job Perceive You the Way You Perceive Yourself
- How Adequate Sleep Boosts Job Performance
- Career Suicide: Are You That Annoying Co-Worker?
- Tips on How to Slack-Off While Maintaining Productivity
- Boost Your Productivity: Five Tips You Probably Haven't Considered
- Even Bad Decisions Offer Lessons That Lead to Business Success
- 3 Ways to Stop Creating Problems in Your Mind