If you've ever wondered what special education teachers really think about their job and their students, we have a few answers. An interesting article by The Mighty, reveals the surprising answers these teachers gave to the question, "What's one secret about your job you wish the rest of the world knew?" Many of the answers were posted in the article, "24 Secrets of Special Education Teachers", including our favorite secret,
"We don’t do it for the rest of the world. We do it for the quiet moments [when] amazing things happen. We do it for the smiles, the gains, the tears… We do it for the parents and families of the children we work with, we do it for the trust these children give to us and we don’t ever breach that trust."
Other teachers responded similarly and said that their job in special education is the best job in the world.
Other teachers really wanted parents to know that they fight hard for their students. They don't want parents to feel like they aren't on their side. Other teachers made it clear that they don't think of their job as a typical 9 to 5 endeavor. They think about their students all the time and they also wanted to be clear that their students are capable of amazing accomplishments and should not be pitied.
If you are interested in learning more about how your skills could benefit you in a rewarding job within the Behavioral Health Field, please contact us. Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists are all in high demand within special education departments across the country as well.
- Paraprofessionals Make a Big Difference in Education
- Gabriel's Act of Kindness Shines Light on Autism
- What is Normal? New Therapy Ideas For Developmentally Disabled Kids
- Special Education Teacher Changes Lives in First 10 Minutes of the Day
- Education Made Easy: Learning With Lego Blocks
- America's Oldest Teacher Proves Age is Just a Number
- Education: Schools Turn to Staffing Agencies For Teachers