In today's virtual world, there is little more important than setting yourself apart from the crowd in your professional life. Whether passively seeking a new job opportunity, expanding your network, or developing business leads, LinkedIn is the "must use" solution for personal and business branding. Whatever the end goal, creating a profile on this powerful tool is not enough. You need to master the art of "being found" and we can help.
For first timers - or even for people who have used it for years - LinkedIn can seem overwhelming due to its vast capabilities, but don't worry. Leisure Jobs has recently posted a visually compelling infographic to walk people through the creation of a great profile.
The infographic provides great tips including:
- "Customize your profile URL to make it easier for people to find you." This is pretty simple to do. Just under your photo, you will see your URL. You can click to edit it to include your full name.
- "Aspire to make at least 300 connections." Personal branding is critical to successful networking, so working hard to increase your connections will ultimately pay off.
- "Make sure your profile is complete." When the search algorithm displays profiles, the first thing it looks for is profiles that are 100% complete. Since only 51% of people have their profiles completely filled out, you can put yourself at the top of searches just by completing your profile.
- "LinkedIn scans for keywords in your professional headline." When deciding on your headline, think in terms of keywords for which you want to be found. By integrating these terms in your headline and profile, you will turn up in more searches.
If you're looking for a job in the Behavioral Health, Education, or Healthcare fields, or if you're just tired of trolling social media to find people to fill your open positions, please contact us. We love pairing talented applicants with great companies.
Image courtesy of Leisure Jobs
- Career Advice: When Procrastinating Pays Off
- True Self-Improvement: Know the Difference Between Busy & Productive
- Need Immediate Productivity? Clean Your Desk
- 3 Self-Improvement Tips to Survive Anything
- How to Boost Productivity by Tackling Your To-Do List Right
- A Difficult Career May Lead to Stronger Mental Health
- 3 Self-Improvement Ways to Increase Empathy
- Could Perfectionism be a Detriment to Your Career