HGTV has changed the way people look at home improvements, DIY (do it yourself) projects, and finding their perfect home. They show us how to make changes in the places we live, find a new home, or make our living spaces our own. The wisdom they share can easily be applied to self-improvement as well.
Take these five lessons they have taught us and apply them to the changes you want to make in yourself.
- Property Brothers Drew and Jonathan show you that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get what you want. Take something in your price range and turning it into something spectacular. So don’t think that you need to spend a lot of money to turn yourself into who you want to be.
- Hilary and David on Love It or List It teach us how to analyze what we like and what we don’t as well as discovering that what we already have is often exactly what we initially thought we wanted. It isn’t always necessary to change everything, but rather to appreciate what we already have and our strengths.
- Tiny House, Big Living is bringing to light that less is the new more. Bigger has often been thought to be better, but - the truth is - you don’t have to be the biggest to be the best. Instead, it can often be beneficial to downsize rather than upgrade. Making huge changes in ourselves and our lives may not lead us to where or who we want to be.
- Laura Spencer on Flea Market Flip shows how taking something old from someone else can easily be turned into something new "to you". See a look you like? Take it and make it your own, add your own flair to it. See someone succeeding, ask them for advice on how they made it. Then see how that could work for you.
- Get It Sold with Sabrina Soto helps people who have struggled to sell their homes to get it done. She shows homeowners how to make simple changes that get their houses sold. Set your goals, plan out the steps to get there, then get it done.
Whether you are looking to make minor repairs or major overhauls to your life, the right approach can make all the difference. Listen to the experts on making improvements. From changing your looks to changing your career, it’s important that you have a plan, set your goals, and make changes that make you happy.
If you are interested in this and related topics, visit the Self-Improvement and Productivity sections of our blog. You can also contact us if you are seeking to find new career opportunities for just the right change you may need.
Image courtesy of digital reflections / Shutterstock.com
- 4 Ways You're Destroying Your Productivity
- The Best Career Advice You'll Never Hear
- You're On LinkedIn, But Can You be Found When it Matters
- Seriously! This is the Best Visual LinkedIn Cheat Sheet You Will Find
- Need Immediate Productivity? Clean Your Desk
- 3 Self-Improvement Ways to Increase Empathy
- Could Perfectionism be a Detriment to Your Career