We are all looking for ways to be happier and more fulfilled. While there is no one size fits all approach to greater happiness, there are specific things most of us need in order to feel as fully actualized and happy as possible.
By incorporating these three keys to happiness into your life, you will soon feel more content, purposeful, and fulfilled on a regular basis:
- Perform Acts of Kindness. Studies have repeatedly shown that doing kind, selfless things for others without any thought of what you will get in return leads to a more satisfying and happy life. Make it a point to do something kind for someone each week, or even better, on a daily basis. Donate money, make lunches for the homeless and distribute them on your day off, surprise your spouse with their favorite meal or flowers, or volunteer your time at the nonprofit of your choice.
- Work Out Regularly. Working out at least 3 times per week releases feel-good, happy chemicals into your brain that can help boost your mood and decrease anxiety and depression. Aim to work out enough to get your heart rate going and your blood pumping. You don't have to pay for a gym membership to do this: going for a run or brisk walk, swimming, or even dancing around your living room to your favorite upbeat songs all count as exercise.
- Practice Gratitude. Showing gratitude for the people and other blessings in your life is directly linked to happiness levels. One great way to practice gratitude is to end each day by writing down five things you are grateful for. Soon you may find yourself noticing the things that are going right in your life more, and not feeling as upset by the things that are going wrong.
Any keys to happiness you think we missed? Visit the Self-Improvement section of our blog for more information on this and related topics. And for all of your staffing needs, be sure to contact us today.
- Are You Overly Obsessed With Self-Improvement
- Self-Improvement: A Lifelong Journey
- Say Yes -- Climb the Mountain and Increase Productivity
- Self-Improvement: How Failure Can Lead to Success
- 3 Ways to Stop Creating Problems in Your Mind to Increase Productivity
- Optimal Productivity is Not All About Me Me Me
- 4 Ways You're Destroying Your Productivity