"I shouldn't, I can't, I couldn't, I could never...No way." How many times has that been your response when asked to go: join: participate: try something new, or take a risk? Most people would answer, "too many times to count." Do you ever wish you could go back in time and change a no to a yes? Many times a regret began with "no".
Although it may be counter intuitive; saying yes can alter the course of your life for the better. Fear holds us back, keeps us in the "no" zone.
Director of the Shyness Institute and psychology professor at Indiana University Southeast, Bernardo Carducci warns: "If your primary response becomes no, you will never discover and test your true limits."
Think of things you have done in your life that gave you confidence and joy. Remember the thrill of riding on two wheels for the first time; the feeling of achievement by mastering the piano, a new language, or a how to play golf?
- Saying no can keep you safe; but it can also blunt the creative impulse and stifle productivity. Float a new idea at the office, take Samba lessons, send that story on your flash drive to a magazine. You might be afraid of looking foolish; but no one ever died of embarrassment.
- We all have talents, but so many let the chance to shine pass them by because it's easier to say no. Don't be afraid to shine. You probably know how to do things that other people would love to learn.
- Success demands risk. Every opportunity has a shelf life. Say yes to change and adventure.
- Even in your own family, say yes as often as you can. You'll never get that day back again. And you'll never regret the times you said yes.
"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that blasted mountain." Jack Kerouac
If you're ready for a change by working in the Healthcare field, contact us to find an opportunity tailored to your talents.
- Self-Improvement: How Failure Can Lead to Success
- 3 Ways to Stop Creating Problems in Your Mind to Increase Productivity
- Optimal Productivity is Not All About Me Me Me
- Productivity Habits of Great Leaders
- 4 Ways You're Destroying Your Productivity
- The Best Career Advice You'll Never Hear
- You're On LinkedIn, But Can You be Found When it Matters
- Seriously! This is the Best Visual LinkedIn Cheat Sheet You Will Find