Patrick Bet-David is a successful entrepreneur, motivational speaker and thought leader in business practices. His videos and presentations are designed to give life-lessons to burgeoning entrepreneurs in start-ups; but his lessons can be applied to any area of productivity. His enthusiasm is contagious, and listening to one of his lectures, you would never guess that his family escaped Iran years ago and settled in the United States to start a new life. Far from being discouraged by what he left behind, Patrick found a way to find the best life has to offer here and to share his secrets of success with others.
Reach Out to Help Others
One of his strategies for increasing productivity is increasing positivity. When you're feeling sluggish, uninspired and unproductive, Bet-David advises: Change your mood, change your attitude, change your outcome. He suggests calling five people and encouraging them by reminding them of their best qualities. This activity has multiple benefits. It lifts up the people you contact, giving them a mental and emotional boost. But this act of kindness benefits you as well. In Psychology Today, author Hara Estroff Marano confirms that this exercise expands positivity, and that "those effects bounce back on us, ramping up the positive atmosphere we breath.
The Benefits Ricochet Back to You
Everyone enjoys being praised. Kids bring you a picture they made and you tell them it's wonderful, even though it looks like worms in a tub of purple and green mud. What you are giving them is an endorsement in the result of effort. It boosts their confidence, validates their worth and fuels their creativity and motivation.
These same dynamics are at play when we as adults receive kind and encouraging words. This is true in personal relationships as well as in business. The boomerang effect of sharing positivity with others reinforces our own incentive to produce. Bet-David guarantees it change a bad mood to a good mood in five minutes. It's certainly worth a try.
- Maximize Personal Productivity
- Self-Improvement Tip - You Are Not Responsible for the Happiness of Others
- Stop Saying "Too Busy" Before it Derails Your Career
- Scheduling Self-Improvement Time Can Change Your Life
- Helping Those on the Job Perceive You the Way You Perceive Yourself
- How Adequate Sleep Boosts Job Performance
- Career Suicide: Are You That Annoying Co-Worker?
- Tips on How to Slack-Off While Maintaining Productivity
- Boost Your Productivity: Five Tips You Probably Haven't Considered
- Even Bad Decisions Offer Lessons That Lead to Business Success
- 3 Ways to Stop Creating Problems in Your Mind