Most people who have benefitted from physical therapy services view physical therapists as heroes or magicians. They’ve gotten back their lives with their support and encouragement. So where do they turn for professional support and encouragement?
The people who best understand their professional issues and concerns are their colleagues at the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). Their new “Membership Matters” campaign engages current members to reach out to fellow physical therapists and tout the many benefits of APTA membership. The idea is that this professional association can only get stronger as its key asset—its membership—grows.
The myriad benefits of APTA membership may surprise you. As a member you can:
- Bone up on the latest professional news and legal issues. Have input on the professional ideas and issues that matter most to you.
- Rub elbows with leaders in the profession at professional events. Use the opportunities to advise, learn, and network.
- Exercise your story telling skills and share professional concerns with the people who best understand them.
- Flex your professional contact list to ensure that you have a person to turn to for most professional questions.
- Stretch your career through local, state, and national networking opportunities. Use membership as a way to grow and move up in your chosen specialty.
Whether you join to boost your career, get involved with education and advocacy, or just meet new colleagues, your timing is right. Once you decide to join and reap the benefits of membership, it just may be that the person looking back at you in the mirror is a more confident and a more effective physical therapist.
- The Best Career Resources for Physical Therapists For 2014
- Occupational Therapists - Rewarding Career & Bright Outlook Ahead
- Physical Therapists Can Help Reduce the Cost of Care
- Physical Therapy Apps