When things get crazy at work, chances are your personal life can start to feel a little out-of-control too. It's easy to buckle down and sacrifice everything else to meet important deadlines, but you have to manage your stress and your sacrifices to make sure you don't become burnt out.
- Your relationships are really important, if you're putting them second to a priority at work, make sure that is only a temporary arrangement. Have open conversations about the deadlines and when you can expect work expectations to return to normal. Asking friends and family to be patient with you for a week or two is one thing, constantly bailing on them due to never-ending work obligations is something else entirely.
- Make sure you take some time for yourself even when your days are full and busy. Even fifteen minutes of peace and quiet can really help you decompress and thirty minutes of exercise will actually help you focus and be more efficient.
- It's easy to let late nights at work sneak up on you, but keeping a consistent bed time can actually increase your productivity because you are a better worker when you are well-rested with a full night's sleep.
An article in Fast Company by Melody Wilding, entitled, "5 Ways To Get Your Life Back When Work Is Crazy Busy" discussed similar ideas and more to balance the hectic schedule of work with the time you need to yourself, saying
"No matter how much you love what you do, striking a balance between work and your physical, mental, and emotional well-being is essential. Studies have repeatedly shown that happy workers are more productive workers."
It is worth it to your friends, family, co-worker, and boss for you to take the time to figure out how you can best limit work stress and keep it from negatively impacting your personal life.
If the stress of your current job is too much and you need a change, or if you are an employer who needs to find a few more people to add to the team so the stress on everyone else can be alleviated, please contact us we help find the right people for the right jobs in the health care industry.
- Standing Out in Your Job: Tips For Separating Yourself From the Pack
- Want to Increase Your Productivity At Work? Follow These Tips
- Workplace Productivity: Create the Extraordinary Out of the Ordinary
- 6 Helpful Productivity Hacks for Business to Start Using Today!
- How Taking the Occasional Day Off is Good for Productivity