We all know people who seem to be naturally happy. They always manage to take stressful situations in stride. They have a positive outlook and they always have a smile on their face. If you wish that happiness came a little more naturally for you, here are a few tips for improving your ability to feel happy, which in turn will improve your mental health.
Eat, Sleep, Drink & Be Merry
- Enjoy Dark Chocolate. Dark chocolate is an indulgence that is actually good for you, in moderation. You would be surprised how many antioxidants are contained in dark chocolate, which has been shown to lower blood pressure and help your body respond to insulin better.
So, if eating a piece of chocolate always puts you in a better mood, there is no need to feel guilty for enjoying some chocolate, as long as it is dark chocolate and you don't go overboard.
- Take a Nap. A nap during the day can not only boost your mood but also sharpen your cognitive processing speed.
- Brew Some Green Tea. Green tea contains mood-enhancing antioxidants that will leave you feeling calm and happy. Having a mug of green tea in the afternoon may be just the "pick me up" you need.
- Have a Good Laugh. Laughter really is the best medicine. A good laugh has been shown to boost your immune system, lower your blood pressure, and reduce the amount of stress hormones in your blood stream. Plus, of course laughing helps you feel happier.
Sometimes, your environment can have a substantial impact on your mood. If you are looking for a change of scenery, Staffing Plus would love to share some of our most current job openings with yiou.
- Can Laid Back People Still Struggle With Depression and Anxiety?
- Wacko, Nut Job? How Does Trump Impact Mental Health Perceptions?
- Princess Leia: A True Mental Health Hero
- Why Depression Frequently Goes Unnoticed
- Loving Someone Who Struggles With Anxiety
- What Does Binge Watching Mean for Your Mental Health?
- Improving Your Mood Without Therapy - Through the Eyes of Your Pet