Everyone with an email address knows how quickly an inbox can become filled with unread emails, which can decrease productivity in general. From trying to filter all your emails to find the important ones, or even just weeding through old emails, it can quickly become frustrating. At the same time, email can save you so much time with its quick response and its capacity to become an important reminder tool.
Here are 4 apps to help you make your inbox work for you, rather than you working for your inbox.
- Organizer: Organizer is a smart sorting app that simply reorganizes all your emails into easy categorized folders. Once you install it, it immediately sorts your emails and places them in another inbox called "OIB" (short for OtherInbox). When you open it up, voila: all your emails are placed in categories like "Work," "Home," "News," and "Shopping." This way, you save time sorting your own mail, and looking for important emails.
- FollowUpThen: This tool allows you to create email or text reminders very easily. You simply type specific addresses for the timing of the reminder (ex. "email@example.com"), write your reminder (whether it's "respond to x email" or " "Y's birthday"), and you'll be reminded at the specified time. This is a great way to remember to follow-up someone's email, especially if you're trying to respond to multiple people.
- Boomerang: Essentially, Boomerang allows you to schedule emails at a later time, instead of sending them immediately. This is great for people who want to get ahead in their emails, but find themselves responding at inappropriate times. From setting a send time to "one hour later" or even a time more specific like "next Tuesday at 8am", you can schedule your emails and not forget them.
- Dispatch: Though an iPhone-only app, Dispatch is a great app that will give you more control over actions to take with your emails. The unique feature of Dispatch is its compatibility with other productivity apps like Evernote, Asana, Reminders, Fantastical, and more, which can help you stay on task with every email as it relates to your work. To get a better idea of how it works, check out the awesome review at The Sweet Setup.
Getting in control of your inbox is a great way to boost your productivity at work and at home. For more information on this and related tips, visit the Productivity, Career Advice or Self-Improvement sections of our blog.
Image courtesy of ymgerman/shutterstock
All rights reserved
- 3 Self-Improvement Tips to Survive Anything
- How to Boost Productivity by Tackling Your To-Do List Right
- Being Likable Should Top Your Career Self-Improvement Goals
- A Difficult Career May Lead to Stronger Mental Health
- Career Life Jacket: Staying Afloat at Work
- 3 Self-Improvement Ways to Increase Empathy
- Could Perfectionism be a Detriment to Your Career