No matter where you are in your speech therapy career, joining Facebook groups will allow you to connect with other people who have similar career aspirations. To ensure you get accepted to groups sooner, be sure you are listed as a Speech-Language Pathologist before attempting to join any SLP groups,
Here is a sampling of some of the SLP Facebook groups you might want to join:
- Speech Pathologists at Large - The group has nearly 30,000 members. Its main focus is to talk about speech pathology topics. SLP students are encouraged to join the group, but administrators have made it clear that students should not use the group as a means of completing school assignments. Students can, though, share their opinions while asking for other people's professional opinions on topics.
- Speech Therapy Ideas - If you are looking for great speech therapy ideas or if you have some great ideas you want to share with others, this is the group for you. With over 20,000 members, you are sure to get a wide range of ideas. While some ideas may not work for you, others you may find to be highly valuable.
- Early Intervention SLPs- Birth to 3 - If you work with those birth to three years old, you likely know these children have unique needs. This Facebook group of over 7,000 people, share stories and ideas connected to working with those three and younger. Members can also seek help from others who may be facing similar work situations.
- The League of Extraordinary Speech Pathologists - Most SLP professionals are females. If you are a male who wants to connect with other males in the field, this group gives you the opportunity to interact with over 700 other men who also work in the industry.
Of course, there are many other SLP groups. Some of them are general, and others are pretty specific. If you are an SLP, there is sure to be at least one group to fit your individual needs.
To learn more about this and related topics, visit the Healthcare section of our blog.
Image courtesty of focal point/ shutterstock
- Making PT Fun For Kids
- Speech Therapy Made More Fun With the Help of a Dog
- Horses With Heart for Occupational Therapy
- Implants in Paralyzed Monkeys May Create Human Occupational Therapy Uses
- Carrie Underwood's Dog Undergoes PT
- Speech Therapy for Baby Talk
- Dormant Butt Syndrome? Contact Your PT
- The Future is Now - Transliterating Sign Language Into Speech