In today's competitive marketplace, increasingly more companies are choosing to outsource staffing. However, outsourcing the recruiting and hiring process is still new to many other companies, who don't fully understand the benefits of using a staffing firm over traditional hiring methods.
Below are just some of the many reasons why outsourcing your healthcare staffing is helpful:
- Flexibility. If you know that your workload is heavy for the next several weeks but expect it to taper off soon afterwards, hiring a permanent employee doesn't make sense. Instead, you can bring help on board through a staffing company, without having to worry about continuous employment.
- Reduce potential legal risks. Laws and regulations are constantly being added, updated, and changed, adding to the risks associated with human resource functions. Staffing companies are required to stay updated on all of the changes, so outsourcing to them helps to mitigate your company's legal risks.
- Save valuable time. Hiring is a time-consuming process. For one open position, a hiring manager might have a couple hundred resumes to sift through. That's before the interview process begins, and doesn't include the time spent on reference checks and other employment screening processes. You can gain all of that lost time back by outsourcing staffing. Let the qualified recruiters weed out resumes and present you with top talent who have successfully completed the screening process.
- Save money. There's not a company out there that doesn't appreciate money-saving practices. Of course, outsourcing staffing isn't a free process, but it's considerably more cost-effective than advertising, recruiting, and then hiring and training a new worker yourself.
- High quality candidates. The primary responsibility of recruiters at staffing companies is to identify top-notch candidates. Busy hiring managers often don't have the same amount of time to devote to recruiting efforts. Thus, outsourcing typically leads to increased candidate quality.
- Reduce healthcare costs. High-risk employees often come with expensive insurance plans. Moving those individuals to a staffing company's payroll can significantly reduce healthcare costs. Additionally, people can be moved to a staffing company's payroll to reduce employee count, potentially making your company eligible for small business tax breaks through the Affordable Care Act.
For more information about the benefits of outsourcing staff, please contact us.
- Control Costs with These 9 Staffing Strategies [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How Staffing Agencies Can Help You Manage Healthcare Reform
- What Connectors & Mavens Can Teach You About Staffing
- Why Recruiting Firms Should be a Part of Your Staffing Strategy
- Staffing Plus' Talent Management Strategy Featured At SHRM 2014