Do you ever find yourself wondering how some people get so much done in so little time? One contributor to Forbes wondered about this on social media, and the answers he received inspired him to write an article and create cartoons about simple ways to boost productivity.
Here are some of Jon Youshaei's tips.
- Prioritize. Accomplishing your goals is achieved through focus, so prioritize everything and say no to the less important things. Don't let yourself get distracted from the important things.
- Exercise. Exercise releases endorphins into your brain which actually allow you to be more productive. It increases confidence, and refreshes you physically and mentally.
- Take a Break. Not taking breaks leads to burnout, which is counter-productive. Taking breaks from your work (whether they be ten minute breaks or ten day breaks) recharges you so you can focus better and feel less stressed-out while working.
- Don't Let the Internet Waste Your Time. The internet makes lots of things easier and faster for you, but it also has a distracting flip-side. To help avoid the distractions of social media, turn your notifications off on your phone. You can deal with emails and Facebook comments when you have time for them, not during the middle of your job.
- Work as a Team. No matter how talented and hard-working you are, you can't do everything all by yourself. Work well with your team, whether you are the leader who delegates tasks, or someone lower down the ladder who shares the workload with others.
- Impact. Make yourself clear about your motivations. Why are you doing what you are doing? Are you making a real impact somewhere? It can be easy to fall into the trap of influence, but if you're focused on actually making an impact, you can keep up your motivation.
- Just Start. If you're the type of person to research something for days before actually doing it, this tip might help you. Start working, and you might make a few mistakes, but you'll learn from them. In the long run, you'll be more productive.
If interested in learning more about this and other related topics, visit the Productivity and Self-Improvement sections of our blog. And contact us if you want to apply these skills to a new job opportunity.
- Self-Improvement for the Brain - Accentuate the Positive
- Scheduling Self-Improvement Time Can Change Your Life
- Stop Saying "Too Busy" Before it Derails Your Career
- Helping Those on the Job Perceive You the Way You Perceive Yourself
- Showing Up or Missing Out on Your Career
- How Adequate Sleep Boosts Job Performance
- Career Suicide: Are You That Annoying Co-Worker?
- Tips on How to Slack-Off While Maintaining Productivity
- Boost Your Productivity: Five Tips You Probably Haven't Considered
- Even Bad Decisions Offer Lessons That Lead to Business Success
- 3 Ways to Stop Creating Problems in Your Mind