Productivity is one of those words that makes you want to sit down and procrastinate. It can even make you tired just thinking about it. The good news is there are 5 simple ways you can be productive and succeed at anything. The bad news? Procrastinating is not one of the 5.
Let's address a biggie first.
- Don't let fear keep you from success. Do you have any fears? If you fear what will happen to you when you are super successful, then get in line with everyone else who has ever had this fear. Fear is natural and a big part of success, so just know that the uncomfortableness of fear may plague you like the fear of death itself, but many people do get through it and manage success very comfortably once they achieve it.
- Learn to listen, not just hear. A mom and her toddler were grocery shopping and the little girl just couldn't keep quiet. "Mommy, we really need this, " she insisted. The mom ignored her pleas and went right on shopping. When they got home, she realized that her observant toddler was right on target and they really did need that extra loaf of bread. How did she know? Not only did this happen one time, but it happened many times. Now the mom listens to her toddler's uncanny ability to help her shop. Is someone telling you something that you've been hearing, but not listening to? They may be leading you in a direction that is right for you.
- Be persistent at whatever you do. One man's dream was to be successful at making fishing flies. He faithfully made his flies, then decided to enter a fishing contest with those flies. He won first place in the contest and, as a result, was picked up by a large sporting goods retailer. Now he had to face his fears and hire a staff to help him make his flies. He was persistent one fly at a time until he become successful.
- Chase your dream. What motivates you? For people who have been homeless, the fear of extreme poverty motives them to never let that happen to them again. What do you love? That alone should motive you to create your world and reach for success. Staying focused on what motivates you will help you stay productive.
- Take care of yourself. Do you need to take breaks more? Meditate? Eat more veggies? Whatever you need to do to take care of yourself, do it. If you aren't physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually healthy, then your productivity will suffer. You can't give out what you don't have, so refuel your daily engines and keep yourself healthy. Beside, it can be a lot of fun.
Productivity doesn't have to come at a heavy price. It's quite simple if you follow these 5 ways to better strategize your life. To learn more about this and related topics, visit the Productivity and Career Advice sections of our blog.
- Tips on How to Slack Off While Maintaining Productivity
- Career Advice - Building Your Reputation
- Are You Getting Fired? How to Improve Your Job Performance and Succeed
- Making Your Voice Heard on the Job
- Inability to Differentiate Pressure From Stress Can Harm Your Career
- Even Bad Decisions Offer Lessons That Lead to Business Success
- Get Timely Emails Without Losing Professionalism
- 3 Ways to Stop Creating Problems in Your Mind