Over the past couple of months, many people have had difficulty traveling to their healthcare appointments. Luckily, telehealth has allowed patients to continue their therapy online. Virtual sessions are a useful addition to in-clinic visits. You are probably wondering how you can get the same benefit from telehealth as you would at a clinic. Here is how you can make the most of your physical therapy over the internet.
Adjust Your Online Physical Therapy
One of the first things you should think about is how telehealth can become a part of your treatment. Physical therapy should not be interrupted, so you will need to align your online therapy with your in-clinic sessions. An effective transition is the key to improving your body's health. A therapist can help you with any confusion you may have.
Schedule The Right Time
Another tip to help you get the most out of online physical therapy is to schedule a session at a convenient time. Telehealth lets you book a session that works best for you. While the initial session may be longer, each following session will be the same length. Therapists can get into contact with patients to discuss scheduling options.
Learn The Technology Needed
To get the most out of your telehealth, find out what technology you will need to use. A therapist should be using a digital platform that provides you with the most benefits from each session. Some platforms do not require you to download any apps. All you will need is a device with audio and video capabilities. Make sure your therapist uses a platform that features:
- Screening tools
- Video messaging
- A HIPAA-compliant environment
- Accessible expert advice
Choosing to do online physical therapy is a helpful way for people who do not have reliable transportation to get help. Staffing Plus provides professional therapists for our clients.
For more information on this and related topics, visit the Healthcare section of our blog.
- Taking Physical Therapy One Step Further - Literally!
- Exciting Research About Physical Therapy for Infants
- Is Online Physical Therapy the Solution While Social Distancing?
- An Introduction to a Career as an Occupational Therapist
- The Benefits of Physical Therapy for Diabetes Patients
- Honoring a New Year's Resolution - How Physical Therapy Can Help
- Physical Therapy - The Benefit of Making House Calls
- Healing Scar Tissue With Physical Therapy
- Better Handwriting Skills Through Occupational Therapy
- Newer Trends in Healthcare: Physical Therapy by Video
- Fighting the Battle of the Bulge with Occupational Therapy