Most of us are on LinkedIn, but are we really using it to its full potential? More than almost any social media portal in existence today, it is continuously implementing new changes to supoort our career goals, networking efforts, and ever-changing corporate environments. You think you know, but do you?
Check out these little-known facts from Aol Jobs and find out!
- Only half of its users have completed profiles. All those sections are there for a reason. Fill them out and beat half the competition!
- 10.4% of users are in 50 groups - the maximum number allowed. Groups are perfect for networking - they give you access to all kinds of people plus are an easy and automatic conversation starter.
- This platform gets two new members per second. If you feel like the people you want to connect with aren't online yet, odds are they will be soon.
- "Responsible" was the most-used adjective on profiles in 2013. Set yourself apart with a little originality.
- Only 8.33% of Americans use this tool during work hours. Post things in the mornings and evenings to ensure higher view rates.
- There are 1 billion endorsements on LinkedIn. Endorsements help you rank higher in search results. Snatch them up!
- This professional necessity has 100 million members in the U.S. alone which is 1 out 3 people you could be connecting with.
- Overall, it currently has in excess of 300 million members. That means 2 out of 3 are not in the U.S. so who knows how far your connections can take you.
- 10.5% of users are active on the portal more than 8 hours per week. That number is on the rise, though. Get active now and be ahead of the curve.
- LinkedIn makes up 64% of all social media visits to corporate websites, beating out Facebook at 17% and Twitter at 14%. Maximizing your company's presence on it is sure to get you more hits.
- Executives use this tool for industry networking (22%) and promotion (20%). Middle management uses it for industry networking (20%) and keeping in touch (24%). Entry-level workers use it for job searches (24%) and co-worker networking (23%). Understanding how different people use it is essential in understanding how to brand yourself.
- 41% of members have over 500 connections, up from just 30% in 2013. 15% have over 1000 connections, up from just 8% in 2013. Develop your own connections and you're likely to be able to reach just about anyone!
- 39% of members site posting personal statuses as their favorite aspect because they enjoy the ability to make their presence more personal. Contribute something of your own and become part of the cutting edge.
If you're interested in this and other related topics, visit the Career Advice section of the Staffing Plus Blog. And if you are looking to propel your career in healthcare, visit our Talent Network for the latest opportunities.
- 3 Social Media Tips to Connecting to People You May Not Know
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Influence Through Social MediaI
- 9 Key Steps to Making the Most of Your LinkedIn Profile
- Job Or No Job - Why You Must Commit to a LinkedIn Routine [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Want to Build a Stronger Professional Network? Get Back to Basics